The Instituto Antártico Uruguayo invites the scientific community to present proposals to develop scientific activities during the Antarctic Summer Campaigns (CAVs).
Interested researchers may submit their research proposals throughout the year. The deadline for the submission of proposals to be considered for this year’s ACV is 15 March.
The following scheme summarizes the process of evaluation and selection of proposals and projects.
To begin the proposal submission process, click here.
Main dates to consider:
- Deadline for submission of new project proposals for the next ACV: 15 March.
- Deadline for submission of new projects for the next ACV: 1 May.
Proposals or projects that are not approved in their initial version may be presented again. For their evaluation, the same deadlines and dates will apply as for those submitted for the first time.
- Communication of selected projects for the next ACV: August 15.
- Psychophysical evaluation of participants of scientific projects in Antarctica*: first fortnight of September.
- Pre-Antarctic course for researchers*: second half of October (2 full days).
- Beginning of CAV: second fortnight of November.
- End of ACV: second fortnight of April.
*Mandatory to attend the Antarctic Treaty Area.
Department of Science
Directorate of Scientific Coordination and Environmental Management